|Review of Key Words|
1. Eat low-fat AND low-calorie foods. Many "diet" foods are low in fat but high in calories.
2. Limit your "liquid calories." Sodas and sugary drinks have a lot of calories and don't fill you up because they are liquid.
3. Cook! When you cook, you see what the food contains and you can limit the fat.
4. Eat at least five servings of fruits or vegetables a day.
5. Have fruit for dessert instead of a fatty dessert.
6. Don't "diet." A "diet" is a temporary change. To stay healthy you need to make a permanent change in the way you eat.
7. Exercise three or four times per week for 30-60 minutes. Exercise is the most important part of a healthy life style. Walking is simple and it's great exercise. It's a good idea to consult your doctor before beginning a new exercise routine.
8. If you don't have much time for exercise, use the stairs at work instead of the elevator.
Read the list above and make sentences about what you should or shouldn't do based on the advice.
eat low-fat foods
eat high-fat foods
Describe what you should and have to do to be healthy.
example I should walk in the evenings for exercise. I have to stop smoking. I should eat more fruits and vegetables. etc.
You can write on piece of paper or in the comments section below.comments powered by Disqus
Recommend Passport to English to your friends!
You will find more information about studying English abroad and inexpensive alternatives to studying abroad in the Study Abroad area of Passport to English.